Welcome from the Head of Preschool
The New School Early Childhood Programs are dedicated to building a strong developmental foundation and a lifelong passion for learning in our children. We believe that every part of a child’s day is a learning opportunity. Our innovative and caring preschool teachers engage children in rich language arts, math, science, visual arts, music, movement, and play experiences facilitated in carefully planned classroom learning centers and studio time. Learning happens while children are:
- Following carefully planned routines to build self-help skills
- Engaging in small group instructional times,
- Participating in large group instructional times,
- Playing in our developmentally appropriate classroom learning centers, studio, gyms, and outdoor areas,
- Interacting with teachers, friends, and the school environment to build strong relationships and a sense of security.
Each day children have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of outdoor experiences. Our beautiful, secure campus includes a toddler playground, two preschool playgrounds, two outdoor classrooms, nature walks, and gardens. There are many opportunities for children to run, jump, throw, dig, explore, discover, and investigate while playing with classmates or individually.
We invite you to schedule a tour during which time we will be available to answer any questions you may have regarding the program.
Head of Preschool