Tuition & Financial Assistance
Tuition at The New School includes more than just a student's education. In addition to the best possible instruction from our high-quality faculty, tuition includes:
- Before-School Care from 7:15-8:30 a.m.
- After-School Care from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Snack
- Non-Academic or Study Hall days when available
2017-2018 Tuition Fees and Schedule
2017-18 Tuition Assistance
Updated February 2017
An education from The New School is an investment in your child’s future. Providing an independent school education requires careful planning and commitment, however, the need for tuition assistance should never discourage a family from applying for admission.
The New School wishes to attract a culturally and economically diverse student population. More than 12% of our students receive some form of tuition assistance. The Board of Trustees has budgeted to increase opportunities for even more families. We do our best to provide our excellent educational opportunities to all students regardless of the financial resources of their families.
Tuition Assistance Policies
The New School expects parents to pay the educational costs for their students to the full extent they are financially able. This policy applies to all parents, even those divorced or separated. Custodial and non-custodial parents must complete their portion of the FAST application. If one or both parents have remarried, the step-parent’s financial information must be included in the FAST application.
Admission and tuition assistance are completely separate processes. You may apply for tuition assistance through FAST (see below) before, during or after the admission process. Financial need is not a consideration for admission. All students must follow the admission process in order to be considered for acceptance into The New School. Please contact Brooke Peterson, Admission Director, for more information regarding the admission process.
- Who is eligible for tuition assistance?
- What is tuition assistance based on?
- How is need determined?
- What costs does tuition assistance cover?
- Can my student participate in extracurricular activities?
- Who will know we applied for tuition assistance?
- Is my tuition assistance award automatically renewed each school year?
In order for The New School to allocate our budget objectively and consistently, we utilize the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) program by Independent School Management (ISM). FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis which includes a recommendation of how much a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. This service ensures our process for determining need adheres to nationally established standards of best practice. The New School’s Financial Assistance Committee reviews each FAST application to determine the amount of the student’s tuition assistance award, if any.
The tuition assistance process and all associated information is strictly confidential. Families may not disclose they are applying for or receiving assistance or the amount of assistance they may be receiving. If it is perceived (not proven) in the opinion of the school administration, that the confidential nature of the tuition assistance process has been violated, The New School will withdraw award.
Applying for Tuition Assistance
- Log onto the FAST website.
- Click "Start Application" to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and return to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available should you have questions.
- There is a $43 non-refundable fee for application, to be paid by credit card at the end of process.
- Once the online application is complete, you are required to either use Tax Wizard to scan in your current year tax returns for both State and Federal taxes with all schedules and W2’s or mail a copy of the documents to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
*Please include “The New School” name on the outside of your envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
Important Contact Information for FAST
24/7 phone number - 877-326-3278