Leading Innovative Learning
We are proud to be leading innovative learning
The New School (TNS), located in Fayetteville, Arkansas and founded in 1971, is Northwest Arkansas’ premier independent school. TNS provides a student-centered, innovative education for more than 400 students in Early Childhood through Grade 12. With a low student-to-faculty ratio of 8:1, students are known and cared for by an excellent faculty in an encouraging atmosphere. The school’s curriculum is focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
Located on a beautiful 26-acre secure wooded campus, facilities include a 350-seat auditorium and dance and art studios. The New School raised more than $14 million for a 65,000 square foot expansion opened in August 1, 2017. The new space includes an Academic Center housing the Middle and Upper Schools, an Innovation Center housing a makerspace, robotics lab, wood-working shop, cybercafe and an Athletic Center with a gymnasium, locker rooms, and a strength and conditioning facility.
At The New School, we know we’re educating students for a world they don’t yet see. A new world. We’re preparing them for jobs that may not exist. New careers. And we’re exposing them to ideas that stretch their minds. New ideas. Our core values exist not just to tell us what we stand for today, but to guide us into the “new” during seasons of growth.
Accreditation, Memberships, and Affiliations
The New School is one of the few accredited early childhood programs available to families in Northwest Arkansas and one of only five schools in the state that has been awarded full accreditation by Independent School Association of Central States (ISACS). This accreditation demonstrates that The New School’s programs are comparable to those of the most prestigious independent schools in the nation. The New School is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (ANSAA), the National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the College Board.
Recent Student Accomplishments
- In the high school's first year, New School freshmen achieved an 80% pass rate on AP exams whose national average pass rate was 56.5%.
- Eighty percent of The New School 2016-2017 seventh grade students qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program.
- The LEGO Robotics team competed at the FIRST LEGO League World Class State Championship and won first place in the presentation category.
- One student was the state champion in the Arkansas Council of Teachers of Mathematics Geometry competition.
- Ten New School middle school students participated in the MATHCOUNTS Chapter Competition at the University of Arkansas with students placing 2nd and 15th overall in the Individual Competition. Six students advanced to the State Competition with two placing 6th and 11th overall, out of more than 100 students.