We Thank and Bid Farewell to our Departing Faculty/Staff:
Jennifer Betts - 2 years
Angie Barbour - 3 years
Rileigh Bush - 1 year
Tania Chavez - 1 year
Masa Kidd - 6 years
Monty Mathews - 4 years
Luke Shepard - 4 years
We Welcome our New Faculty/Staff:
Lisa Johnson, Receptionist and Assistant to the Director of Enrollment Management
J.R. Neiswender, Upper School Division Head
New Positions for Faculty/Staff:
Laura Apperson, K-6 Teaching & Learning Coach
- With her 19 years of experience in education, Laura is both a leader among her peers and has vast experience in curriculum alignment. In this role, Laura will have the opportunity to support all K-6 students and teachers and to impact learning outcomes.
- We are reviewing resumes and interviewing strong candidates for the 3rd grade classroom teaching position.
Renee Burch, Kindergarten Teacher
- Of Renee’s 17 years of teaching experience, 10 of those have been in her favorite grade - kindergarten! Renee has a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, as well as experience as a literary specialist and leading professional development for teachers.
Pauline Chacon, Receptionist and Database Manager
- After a year at TNS, Pauline moves to the morning receptionist shift and will serve as our substitute teaching coordinator and database manager.
Jade House, K-6 Division Head
- Jade has a bachelor’s degree in K-8 education, a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, an endorsement in Educational Leadership and English as a Second Language, and over 10 years in elementary and secondary administration, including time as a principal. She brings to this expanded role her experience as a curriculum specialist and a consultant for several school districts in initiatives for school improvement.
Christy Koprovic, 4th Grade Teacher
- Christy brings to the 4th grade team her 26 years in education, a bachelor’s degree in English, secondary and middle school education, a master’s degree in early childhood education, classroom teaching in grades spanning kindergarten through high school, and experience as a school principal and early childhood director. Christy’s motto is, “always do what’s best for kids” and believes in the value of every child’s unique abilities.
Cody Matheny, MS/US PE and Health Teacher
- A part of the TNS community since 2014, Cody transitions into this role with a BS in Kinesiology and a teaching certification.
Melissa Mitchell, Librarian
- Melissa is entering her 9th year in education, with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education and a masters degree in gifted and talented education. Melissa loves inspiring children to find the joy in reading and is excited to shift over to the Librarian position to support more students.
Jared Osnes, Head Strength and Conditioning and Cross Country Coach
- Jared, who will continue as an assistant boys basketball coach, will now add strength and conditioning and cross country to his responsibilities.