Another school year is quickly coming to an end. For those of you with young children, I’m sure you’re amazed at how your child has blossomed as the year has passed. From those who were not walking or talking at the start of the year to those who learned to write their names… our children are growing up before us and each milestone is amazing. For the parents of our graduating seniors, you are probably filled with mixed emotions of joy and bittersweet memories as your child prepares for their next adventure. When I talk to parents, I often hear them express how quickly time “flies” and how it seems like yesterday their children were just born.
This year has seemed to be one of those years where each milestone seems a little more precious and each day forward brings hope. This time of year also brings joy for so many of us with the flowers in bloom and the sun shining outside. With vaccines becoming more available, we begin to feel a sense of relaxation with our new normal and I personally can’t wait to see everyone's smiles again.
I, too, enjoy this time of year; the sunshine and being outdoors gives me a sense of calm. At the end of this school year we are starting to feel as if we have crossed the finish line and this year was a race many of us wondered if we would ever reach the end. I hope everyone is able to find time to celebrate the many accomplishments we have had this year as parents, students, and teachers for our school community. It took a village this year to open school, keep it open, and find smiles behind our masks and I could not be more proud of our village here at The New School.
As this school year concludes and summer begins, I would like to thank all of you for your support, feedback, and encouragement throughout this year. I look forward to our summer program as well as next year and all of the promise it holds.
If you are joining us for summer programs here is some information for you to take with you....
- Summer programs for Early Childhood will begin June 7th. You should receive an email with your class assignment by May 21st. If you have any questions you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Car Line will be from 7:45-8:15 am and 3:30-4:00 pm.
- We will be closed on July 5th for the July 4th Holiday.
- Kona Ice Days for the summer will be every Thursday from 2:00-3:00 pm.
- Sprinkler Water Days will be on Wednesdays.
- Don’t forget to send in sunblock and bug spray if you have not already done so.
- NEW Covid Summer Protocols in EC: (will begin June 7th)
- All teachers and staff who are not vaccinated will continue to wear masks both outdoors and indoors.
- All parents may enter the building without a mask after showing proof of vaccination. Otherwise, they will need to wear a mask in order to enter the building.
I wish everyone a safe and happy summer. I hope sunshine brings adventure for you and your family and you are able to make memories to last a lifetime.
Head of Early Childhood