Our Mission: The New School community empowers each student through a well-rounded experience and inspires a love of lifelong learning.
Our Vision: Our students will be confident and engaged learners who lead through collaboration and compassion.
Our Core Values:
Goal #1: Curriculum: The New School will have the most innovative Preschool-12th grade curriculum in order to prepare our students for college and for careers which may not exist today.
- Objective #1- Evaluate academic, extracurricular, and service programs to determine what is working well, what needs to be improved, and what, if any, should be removed or revised.
- Objective #2 - Develop global perspectives that will support students to maintain our core values.
- Objective #3 - Support a student-centered, individualized approach to The New School experience.
Goal #2 - Personnel: The New School will be the employer of choice by recruiting, training and retaining the best and brightest educators in Preschool-12th grade education.
- Objective #1 - Retain our dedicated faculty and staff who embody and uphold the mission of the school.
- Objective #2 - Recruit self-motivated faculty and staff who embody the mission and values of the school, embrace the school’s educational philosophy, and will thrive in our student-centered environment.
- Objective #3 - Develop and expand our professional development program to continue supporting transformational teaching and learning.
Goal #3 - Financial Sustainability: The New School will have a financial sustainability plan to support the bold vision for its growth and future.
- Objective #1 - Manage a strategic long-range financial plan and multi-year financial model in order to ensure both short-term and long-term goals and objectives of the school are accomplished.
- Objective #2 - Utilize best practice metrics for the Business Office in order to measure performance and benchmark the school against the best independent schools nationwide.
- Objective #3 - Grow resources with purpose by expanding auxiliary income streams.
- Objective #4 - Evaluate and improve the school’s organization infrastructure and policies to ensure consistency in administration.
Goal #4 - Community: Position The New School as the school of the community.
- Objective #1: Continue to promote a socio-economic diverse student body at The New School.
- Objective #2: Increase engagement and influence in the NWA community through partnerships and service work.
Goal #5 - Enrollment: The New School will be known throughout the Northwest Arkansas region as the school of choice for students age 1 year old - 12th grade.
- Objective #1: Create and implement a targeted and robust communications and marketing program in order to improve community perception and increase enrollment.
- Objective #2: Refresh and update the school’s brand to better reflect the school’s message and strategic approach.
- Objective #3: Empower The New School community (parents, faculty) to be brand ambassadors and thought leaders to help promote and share the school’s story.