Upper School Admission Procedures
- You will receive an application packet at the conclusion of your tour. Complete and return the Application for Admission, which includes comments from parents/guardians, a recent photograph, birth certificate (required) and the $75 application fee.
- The Upper School Application includes a current transcript and any standardized test scores.
- Teacher recommendations must be submitted confidentially. (Math recommendation must be completed by current or most recent math teacher.)
- TNS assessments will only be necessary if the student’s grades and standardized test scores prove insufficient for evaluation of appropriate course placement.
- Prior to an admission decision, the all students applying for 11 and 12 grades need to meet with the Director of College Counseling.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE NEW SCHOOL
Step 1: Complete and Return the Application and Application Fee
You are able to download the Upper School application (below). Complete and return the Application for Admission which includes comments from parents/guardians, a recent photograph, birth certificate and the $75 application fee.
Step 2: Complete Necessary Forms
In order to evaluate your child's application to The New School, we must have transcripts and referral forms from the applicant's current school. These completed forms should be sent directly to The New School by the referring teacher(s) in order to remain confidential. The Referral Forms and Request for Student Records will be in your application packet.
Step 3: Decision Process for Admission
It is the responsibility of the applicant's parents/guardians to ensure that all materials have been received by the Admission Office. Once all steps are completed, the Admission Committee will review all documents to determine whether the student and The New School are an appropriate match.
Step 4: Enrollment
Upon notification of acceptance, the online enrollment process will be begin. The Enrollment Contract and an Enrollment Fee are required to reserve the student's space in The New School.